The Story of CHAVI

Home Story of CHAVI

The Story of CHAVI

From a soil contaminated with alum… to the largest Lime Farm in Vietnam.

From fresh and good limes, thanks to the land, water and air of the Mekong Delta… to quality and safe products sold to many parts of the world.

From the farmer’s dream of escaping poverty… to the desire to raise the value of Vietnamese agricultural products.

“Until now, every time we have the opportunity to stop by, our friends still can’t believe their eyes when they witness the change of the area that CHAVI is greening day by day… Because the land has been acidified and had no electricity, no water, no road… long time ago. On broken-ground days, we have to back to Ho Chi Minh City every evening because we can’t stand mosquitoes and innumerable insects.” Mr. Nguyen Van Hien – Chairman of Chanh Viet Long An JSC. told his story.

Hien is mentioned with many names such as “Lime King”, “Lime lover”, “Lime squeezer who does not remove the peel”, “The person who builds the value chain for limes”…, because everyone feels  “touching”  his/her heart when he/she  heards about his beginning journey with the lime tree.

From a poor land of the Mekong Delta…

History and nature have favored Vietnam with fertile alluvial deltas, creating strengths for the people to develop agriculture. However, Vietnam’s economy is still underdeveloped and farmers’ lives are still very miserable. Nearly 10 years ago, standing in front of the vast, sunny and windy land of the Mekong Delta, Mr. Hien could not wonder about the life of Vietnamese farmers, why they are still so poor. Remembering his scrabble childhood, the hard work of farming helped his parents raise him up. These thoughts prompted Mr. Hien to do something to develop Vietnam’s agriculture, improve the value of Vietnamese agricultural products and improve the lives of farmers.

Mr. Hien and scientists have accompanied him since the early days. From a land heavily contaminated with alum in Ben Luc district, Long An province, more than 150 hectares have been invested to renovate into the largest seedless lime farm in Vietnam today and create a hit to spread the material area with thousands of hectares of the district, making lime tree become  one of the important crops of Long An province. Thanks to the application of science and technology in organic farming and compliance with European quality standards and production processes such as GLOBAL GA.P, HACCP… Vietnamese brand limes have crossed the sea to the most demanding markets such as Europe, Japan, India…

...To the journey to improve the value of Vietnamese agricultural products

According to him, farming without processing has the very low value. Because of growing organically, only 30% of the limes are exported to Europe, so what will we do with the remaining 70% of limes? Not only solving agricultural problems, Mr. Hien also wants to maximize the value of limes and some other healthy fruit grown at CHAVI Farm with “kind” products to domestic and international consumers.

CHAVI products

  • According to him, farming without processing has the very low value. Because of growing organically, only 30% of the limes are exported to Europe, so what will we do with the remaining 70% of limes? Not only solving agricultural problems, Mr. Hien also wants to maximize the value of limes and some other healthy fruit grown at CHAVI Farm with “kind” products to domestic and international consumers.
  • Lime essential oil can be used to relieve stress, fatigue or diluted with water to spray skin, provide moisture and vitamins to the skin.
  • Health drinks such as Custard-apple – lime, Sweet Gourd – passion fruit, Ginseng – lime are completely natural and delicious with ingredients including many vitamins and minerals good for the body.
Experiencing the journey of sticking with lime trees and building a value chain for Vietnamese agricultural products, Chanh Viet Long An JSC. has won many certificates of merit at home and abroad… These achievements have given more impetus to the whole Company, which helps to gain more confidence and accompanies Mr. Hien on the journey to improve the value of Vietnamese agricultural products and bring clean and kind products from the CHAVI brand to domestic and international consumers.